Case Study: Holistic Technology Solution to Support Mental Health Company Operations
Our client, a mental health agency, sought a redesign of their existing case management, billing, session recording, and staff management systems.
Dymeng built complex portals, systems, and/or apps for all players involved, from insurance billing to case managers, parents, and therapists. Each portal incorporates all the tools and functions necessary to carry out a particular role in the process and record and access the data needed.
The systems not only streamline the functions of each involved party, but they also elevate the care given, thanks to built-in treatment plans and easy tracking of patient improvement.
This solution enabled our client to streamline operations, improve communications, maximize efficiency, and provide a higher level of care.
Prior to working with Dymeng, the client’s systems did not communicate well, offer efficiencies, or allow for scalability. Throughout the course of our work with the client, we overcame challenges like developing truly scalable solutions with staying power.
In addition, we focused on system quality so the software would not have to be re-created later on. We worked closely with our client to understand their business structure and their need for staffing and timeline functionalities so that they could operate smoothly.
This project presented many challenges, due in part to the very unique nature of the work performed by the client. Fortunately, Dymeng was able to build complex systems that interacted seamlessly and allowed all involved parties to optimize their time. This resulted in major benefits for the client.
Dymeng worked closely with the client to design a solution to address their concerns. The solution involved the following:
- Streamlined intake and referrals: Our solution includes tools and features to streamline the intake and referral process. Referrals are all sent to one location and placed into a queue to be handled by case managers.
- Case manager portal: The software’s case manager portal allows for easy assigning and managing of the company’s available mental health providers. Case managers can access patient profiles, view the location and availability of providers, oversee appointment scheduling, check treatment plans, and deal with insurance and payment information.
- Provider portal: The provider portal is a secure platform for mental health practitioners to access essential resources. They can review patient information, update records, communicate with case managers, and access support materials.
- Provider app: The system also supports a mobile application designed for mental health providers to manage their caseload and notes in real-time and from anywhere. A sophisticated set of goals, testing, and planning is available to configure for each patient. The system simplifies the process of conducting assessments and taking notes during client sessions. This feature helps providers document progress, changes, and treatment plans more efficiently. In addition, the system offers pre-built goal-oriented playlists to assist mental health providers in conducting their sessions, along with a series of comprehensive tracking methodologies.
- Parent access: Parent access allows parents or legal guardians to access and monitor their child’s mental health treatment information. This includes appointment schedules, progress notes, and communication with providers.
As a whole, these features are aimed at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the mental health services provided by our client. They enable improved communication among all involved parties, ensure that necessary information is easily accessible, and ultimately contribute to better client care and treatment outcomes.
Our client’s business was greatly improved thanks to the powerful functionality and efficacy of the new system. This all-encompassing system has streamlined operations, improved communication, and elevated the quality of care, creating an environment that is more efficient, scalable, and focused on enhancing the well-being of patients.