Frequently Asked Questions
You have many options for technology solutions, from upgrades to system consolidation to new product development altogether.
Technology solutions solve your most complex software problems, streamlining your business process.
Before you make such a significant investment, you may have a few questions — and rightfully so.
How much does it cost?
When you hire someone to create technology solutions, you’re getting something built just for you. That means everything is done from scratch so you get exactly what you need.
The final cost of your project will depend on many different factors, but these ballpark ranges can help you budget.
- Minor projects: $3-5k
- Smaller projects: $10-50k
- Medium projects: $50-150k
- Larger projects: $250k+
If you’re not sure what you need or what range your project falls in, we can help you figure it out.
How long does it take?
Every project is different, which means timelines vary just as much as cost. There are also many factors that can play a big part in how quickly a project progresses, including how timely your feedback is and how many decision makers you have.
The timeline for your project is dependent on both its complexity and you. In most cases, though, you can expect projects to follow these general timelines, give or take a few weeks.
- Emergency work and quick fixes: These are not usually complex, so they can often be done in a day or a week, or even an hour or less depending on the problem and urgency.
- Minimally complex project: 4-8 weeks
- Slightly complex project: 3-6 months
- Large builds and overhauls: 12-36 months
How does the process work?
Custom technology solutions are complex, and their development can seem somewhat daunting. However, our process is designed to be smooth.
Here’s what the process looks like in 10 clear steps:
- We’ll review your current situation, technical environment, general business operations, problem areas, and future plans.
- We’ll create a general estimate and determine what type of range this project falls in, based on complexity.
- We’ll talk with you and share our thoughts on the basic lay of things.
- At this point, we’ll explain the range you’re in, work up a basic scope estimate, dig into the process in full detail, run a business analysis, and spend some time planning.
- Following your consultation, you’ll receive a more defined estimate, suggested plans of action, detailed lists of information, workflows, app screen blanks (pages), architecture diagrams, and other important information.
- Finally, we’ll present you with a project plan and estimate. We encourage you to take this information with you for second and third opinions. We’ll even give you a list of questions to ask other providers!
- When you choose to move forward with our team, we’ll get to the nitty gritty…together. We’ll reevaluate your project, enter a review of all items, and prioritize, separating must-haves from nice-to-haves. Then, we’ll re-adjust the scope and break things into phases so you can see what’s to come and when. From here, we’ll shoot for approval on development so we can get started.
- At first, we'll be laying the foundation for everything that is to come. Behind the scenes, we’ll be working on infrastructure, setting up environments, and security. It’s all the stuff that nobody really sees, but things you really need.
- After that’s done, we’ll enter an iterative cycle of development, which is typically biweekly. At the end of each cycle, we’ll meet with you, deliver any new pieces we’ve developed (fully functional or not), walk you through them, let you review them and offer feedback, and review budgets. This teamwork and communication is critical to keeping the project in scope and preventing surprises.
- When all the work is done, you’ll have a custom technology solution that does everything you need. As a result, you’ll be able to say goodbye to frustrating software with a new way to streamline your business process.
How will you know what we need?
The thing about custom software is that it’s built for you — for your business, for your operations, for your ease. To help you get the best software possible, we take the time to understand your business needs from the beginning so we can design custom software that will truly benefit you, making work easier.
We’ll talk through everything with you, creating a series of diagrams, workflows, and plans that are in line with exactly what you want and need, and we’ll never move forward with something you’re not fully comfortable with.
How do you know we're any good?
Our team has worked in the software development field for more than 20 years. Not to mention, our founder is well-respected in the software industry, having spoken internationally at software development conferences and won globally recognized awards from some of the biggest names in the software industry. We’re business and software experts who understand how frustrating cookie-cutter software can be.
We believe your software should be the foundation of how your business runs, and it should help you run your business smoothly. On every project, you can expect honesty, transparency, and expertise. We’ll never hide anything from you, show you everything we’re working on, and be upfront with you from start to finish.
What kind of projects do you specialize in?
We handle everything from small businesses to the needs of a large enterprise system. For example, a lawn care business may come to us to create a scheduling app for their clients and staff, or an extensive healthcare network may engage us to build out software for electronic medical records.
How do you create an estimate for your projects?
Each project is unique, and it depends on the client’s needs. We do a complete analysis to understand the organization’s needs and how we can build the best solutions. This includes an in-depth understanding of how the business operates, so we can architect our work to meet each requirement. For some clients, this means we will integrate many systems. We excel in seeing all the pieces: from the big picture down to the nitty-gritty details.